Sunday, January 17, 2010

Acrylic nails vs. Solar nails-which one is better? Are there any other kind?

Oh, I just did this a month ago for my wedding. I've always had ok nails, but decided to try it out especially for my photos. I was told to get solar gels--basically for like a week I would ask any girl that I saw with fake nails which kind she had and what she thought...thus resulting in my decision to get gels. But, when I went to the nail salon they had two options 1) acrylic 2) gels. The acrylic was about $28 and the gels were $40. I got the gels becuase I was told that they were better 1) they look better 2) do not have to fill them as often (1-2 weeks for acrylic and 2-3 weeks for gel).





Oh, so I go tanning and girl there also has fake nails. She said that she has solar gel. I said I did too. Oh, no I didn't. So now I find out there is 1) acrylic 2) acrylic gel 3) solar gel. Solar gels cost like $50-60/set. And how do you know if you have solar gels vs. the other two??? Acrylics and acrylic gels will glow in the tanning bed, and this is what I had. I should have gotten the solar gels...and I'd like to add that they looked really good on tanning sales girl.





But in general I would NOT get fake nails EVER!!! My fingers hurt SO-BAD when I had them put on for the first time. My nails were grinded down so that the compound would adhere to my nail bed...oh, the pain. I had to pack that night and I had to take a pain-killer for MY NAILS! And crap gets stuck between the acrylic and my real nail...gross! And then when a couple start to ';pop'; off...it was time to get these nails off of me! The last thing I wanted to do was go back and pay somone to take them off, so I went to the beauty store and the girls there had also ironically removed their nails a month or so ago. They recommended that I just buy a bottle of pure acetone and soak my nails (while using the wooden cuticle stick to help push them off). They said it would take 30-45min.





I buy the acetone and soak my nails...at least an hour. Towards the end they start to peel off alittle so I end up tearing them off my nails. Of course natural nails flakes off too. My nails are so- thin. I keep applying coats of clear polish to help, but they are thin.





I would never recommend getting fake nails. (But if you do pay the extra $ for the SOLAR GELS---do not let the salon trick you into acrylic gels as being solar gels). If I had to do it over again I would have gotten a very nice manicure with my natural nails! Now, I just have stubby, short, thin nails that bend backwards if I put too much pressure on them.Acrylic nails vs. Solar nails-which one is better? Are there any other kind?
Gel nails are really nice. They are strong and durable, and not as much damage on your nails.Acrylic nails vs. Solar nails-which one is better? Are there any other kind?
natural nails
there are silk nails..I prefer natural nails..the others soften your nails and they break easily if taken off..it has been 3 years since I took mine off and they are just now getting strong..I will never do it again..

No comments:

Post a Comment